Hello my favorite dinner ever! I love to make new and fun twists on Taco Tuesdays. Tacos and spaghetti are pretty much a weeknight staple in any family home. So why not combine the two and make a whole new sensation? Taco Spaghetti is going to be a new classic in your kitchen!
Long time readers will know all about my one woman mission to end the Taco Tuesday Blues. As busy moms it is very easy to get in a weekly dinner rut. It’s just easier to make the same 5 or 6 recipes in rotation, than to keep coming up with new and exciting meals. Well that my lovelies is why I am here for you!
I love my job my creating new, easy, family friendly meals for you all! Taco Spaghetti is just the newest recipe to come out of my kitchen just for you. All the flavors you love about taco’s served up as spaghetti!
Nice thick chunky taco meat and hearty chili beans are make up the best taco meat sauce ever! I love fire roasted tomatoes in anything mexican or southwest. I know that you would be just as happy to substitute them with salsa. Salsa Verde is my favorite. I think that roasted chipotle peppers would be an amazing addition. Now I wish that I has used them. Well it looks like I just have to make this again soon!
Taco Spaghetti not only has that amazing meat sauce but the perfectly cooked pasta is a major player in this dish. Pasta cooked al dente is perfect for twirling and holds the flavor and the sauce sticks nicely to it. Just like in Italian spaghetti tomatoes are the heart of the sauce. Use fire roasted tomatoes for a bolder and deeper flavor in your sauce. You can use a taco seasoning packet to season the meat if you like and for one less step.
Although I highly recommend using the spices listed in the recipe. You will love the results and also controlling the sodium and knowing exactly what you are serving your family is very important to busy moms like yourself.
Cook and melt the cheese right in the meat sauce for a creamy cheesy flavor. You could always sprinkle more cheese on top also. Speaking of toppings make sure that you slice up some cherry tomatoes, green onions and add a dollop of sour cream!
- 1 lb of ground meat
- 1/4 onion diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp each of cumin, onion powder, garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne powder
- 2-3 tbsp chili powder (depending on your preference. I used 3 generous tbsp)
- 2 10oz cans of fire roasted tomatoes Not Drained
- 2 10 oz cans of chili beans Not Drained or Rinsed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped cherry tomatoes, green onions and sour cream if desired or any other toppings you like
- cook and drain ground beef
- over medium high heat in the same skillet
- add in the onions and cook til translucent
- add in the seasoning and mix til combined
- add the fire roasted tomatoes and chili beans
- stir all the way in
- raise heat to high and bring to a boil for 3-5 min
- reduce heat to a simmer and cover
- boil salted water and cook the pasta for 9-11 min
- drain and keep warm
- remove lid from the meat sauce and stir in the cheese
- cook until melted through
- plate the meat sauce over the pasta
- top with your favorite items
- serve and Enjoy!