I love entertaining in the Summer! It’s so fun to get everyone together and sit around eating and drinking. If you are looking for something Easy and Fun to add to your Summer Get Togethers then Summer Fruit Compote is just for you!
Don’t think of this as old tired fruit cocktail. This is not that 1960’s party staple. Pineapple and Mandarin Oranges and maraschino Cherries simmered in brown sugar. Summer Fruit Compote will be your favorite new addition to all your Summer Entertaining!
You can serve this warm or cold it’s great either way. You can also serve this over ice cream for an amazing treat! This is so easy to make and it’s really addictive to eat.
We had a crowd over when I served this. I dished individual servings into little cups so everyone could have a portable treat as they milled around the party. Summer Fruit Compote would look beautiful in a large serving bowl. What is your favorite fruit dish to serve at a party?
- 1 14 oz can of cubed pineapple drained well
- 1 14 oz jar of Mandarin Oranges in juice
- 1 8 oz jar of maraschino cherries drained well
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- in a medium sauce pan pour all the ingredients
- over medium high heat stirring frequently let the brown sugar melt and the fruit come to an almost boil
- reduce heat to low and let simmer for 5 min
- remove from heat
- can be served hot, warm or cold