S’mores Snack Cakes?! Why yes that is exactly what these are. Yummy Perfect square bites of heaven! With the kids heading back to school it’s time for mommy to relax and have some much needed alone time, this is the perfect sweet treat to start your Fall off!
I know that most people like to make and eat S’mores during the summer months. But for me S’mores will always be a cool weather treat. I love nothing better than sitting around a nice warm fire on cool Autumn evening.
We have had an amazingly mild summer here and some nights, like tonight, actually have a crisp feel to them. So these S’more Snack Cakes are a perfect treat!
I am so in love with great color the marshmallows turned in the oven! They have that perfect just out of the fire toasty look and it also has that crunch and then gooey yummy sweetness fills your mouth! The secret is to sprinkle graham cracker crumbs on top just before baking.
I love to use sweetened condensed milk in my baked treats! Nothing and I mean nothing makes an ooey gooey treat like it. I also used dark chocolate chips instead of milk chocolate. I love the bittersweet taste of dark chocolate! Hmmmmm
I know that you are dying to make these now! How can you resist the classic flavor of S’mores in this totally yummy and gooey treat! Maybe you will even let the kids have one for an after school snack…… or maybe you will keep them all to yourself.
This is a Plaid and Paisley original recipe inspired by Sally at Sally's Baking Addiction. Please feel free to make and share all content and photo's are copyrighted.
- 1/2 cup softened unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup AP flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (I used Keebler ready to use graham cracker crumbs)
- 1/2 tsp baking POWDER
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 6 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 2 big handfuls of mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line a 8x8 baking pan with aluminum foil, leaving enough overhang on the sides
- Cream the butter and brown sugar together on medium speed
- Beat for about 2 minutes until smooth and combined
- Add the vanilla extract and egg, beating until combined
- Slowly add the flour, graham cracker crumbs, and baking powder together until combined
- Press graham cracker dough into the prepared baking pan and layer with chocolate chips
- Drizzle sweetened condensed milk evenly on top
- Sprinkle the marshmallows evenly and toss some more crumbs on top
- Bake the bars about 25-30 minutes
- cool pan on a wire rack for a good hour then place in the refrigerator overnight or at least 3 hours
- The colder they are the easier they are to cut
- Pull cake out with the foil and use a large chefs knife to cut into squares
- Bars stay fresh at room temperature for up to 1 week layer in wax paper and store in an airtight container
The Plaid and Paisley Kitchen 2015