Welcome to The Plaid & Paisley Kitchen!
Stop searching for a new and easy meal! You have found it!!! These Slow Cooker Pot Roast Chimichangas are the perfect new addition to your recipe box. Easy and super tasty. Your family is going to go nuts over Slow Cooker Pot Roast Chimichangas!
Follow The Plaid & Paisley Kitchen on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram! I’d love to connect with you!
I know that your family is just like mine, in that you love Mexican Food just as much as we do! Especially in the summer months we eat Mexican food nearly all the time! There is nothing like the combination of spicy and cheesy with a great chip and dip on the side. Oh and great Margarita to top it all off!!
These Slow Cooker Pot Roast Chimichangas are perfect for busy weeknights and even better for a fun weekend Fiesta! Read on to learn just how easy this meal is to make!Everybody is fan of Pot Roast in the Crock-Pot! Why not mix up the flavors and make something new and unexpected out of the Sunday Supper Standard? The shredded pot roast is simmered in tasty and spicy seasonings making the perfect filling for all your favorite Mexican dishes!Traditional Chimichangas are deep fried. For a healthier option you can just bake them and save the calories and fat grams. With all the great flavors you won’t miss that old nasty grease anyway. The Pot Roast is simmered all day long in the best homemade enchilada sauce ever!Tell me that you don’t just want to dig into this!! Looking at this photo I am getting hungry all over again and can’t wait to get to the store and buy another pot roast! I just know that your family is going to go crazy over these!!
My tips and tricks for Success in this recipe:
- Always Sear your meat before placing it in the crock pot. This will help keep the juices of the meat in and ensure a moist and tender meal.
- You can use this meat in any of your Mexican Favorite Dishes! I love this for tacos and nachos alike.
What is your favorite Mexican Food? It’s so fun to know what you like! It helps me create more recipes that will bring you back time and time again.
Did you make a recipe from the blog? Don’t forget to snap a photo of it and tag #PandPKitchenrecipes on Instagram and Twitter! I’d love to see what you’re cooking!
To Make this meal even easier you can have the ingredients delivered to you right from the List!! Just click the green button that says Order Ingredients. Easy Peasy and beats a run to the store when you are making your weekly meal plan! Contains Affiliate links
- 3 lb pot roast
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 2 tsp salt divided
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp each onion and garlic powders
- 1 29 oz can of Tomato Sauce
- 1 4 oz can green chilies undrained
- 1 can cream of celery
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 cup water
- 8 burrito sized tortillas
- salsa of choice
- nacho cheese sauce of choice
- sour cream and chopped green onion optional
- season the pot roast with 1 tsp salt and pepper
- heat the olive oil on hight heat in a large skillet
- sear on all side on high heat 1 min each side
- place in crock pot
- pour in the tomato sauce
- add the sliced onion
- last tsp of salt and the other spices, onion, garlic, chili and cumin powders
- add the green chilies
- pour in the cup of water and give all a stir
- spread the cream of celery soup on the top of the roast
- cook on low for 7 hours or high for 3
- remove roast and let sit 10 min to allow juices to seal in the meat
- preheat oven to 350
- shred the meat with two forks
- in each tortilla layer shredded beef and 1-2 tbs of the reserved sauce in crock pot
- fold up and place in 9x13 baking dish
- top with more sauce and drizzle with nacho cheese sauce
- bake for 15-20 min
- serve with salsa, sour cream and green onion if desired