Turkey was the star of the show last month! This month make a healthy and easy lean meat. Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork Roast is going to be perfect on your Holiday Table this December!
I don’t know about you, but I am coming to a close on just how much time I have spent in the kitchen over the stove this Holiday Season. I am all about the Slow Cooker right now. Drop in and walk away! That leaves you free to bake and cook everything else or just to sit down and enjoy your family. Just think how nice it would be to know that while the kids are opening presents dinner is cooking away! Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork Roast is the perfect set and let cook away.This pork has great flavor and you can even mix up the herbs that you prefer. I used a lot of garlic and rosemary. Two of my favorite flavor profiles. I cut up a few apples and placed them at the bottom of the Slow Cooker, using them as a platform for the meat.
This is for two reasons. It keeps the meat elevated and can cook evenly. It also allows the fat to drip off so the meat doesn’t sit in it. That fat makes a great gravy!
The roast is cooked with canned cranberry sauce on top. Then once cooked and ready to serve spread my recipe for Holiday Cranberry Sauce on top. This keeps the roast warm and the juices in. Nobody wants a dried out roast!
I also love the cranberries as the tang pairs perfectly with the pork and the rosemary and garlic.
You can just see how tender and moist the meat is. You won’t really have to worry about leftovers, as I am sure that there won’t be much left. I can tell you, we sure didn’t have any left overs.
Always sear your meat before placing it in the Slow Cooker. This helps lock in the moisture and sets the seasonings.
What is your favorite Holiday Meat? It’s so fun to know what you like! It helps me create more recipes that will make you drool.
Did you make a recipe from the blog? Don’t forget to snap a photo of it and tag #PandPKitchenrecipes on social media! I’d love to see what you’re cooking!
To Make this meal even easier you can have the ingredients delivered to you right from the List!! Just click the green button that says Order Ingredients. Easy Peasy and beats a run to the store when you are making your weekly meal plan!
- 3 lb Pork Roast
- 1 head of garlic cloves all separated and peeled
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp each garlic and onion powder
- 1 tbsp rosemary dried or 3 tbsp fresh
- 3-4 small apples quartered
- 1 10oz can of whole cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Cut a 1/2' slit for each garlic clove and slip the garlic in the slit
- season the meat with the dried seasoning
- in a skillet over high heat sear all four sides of the meat
- in the slow cooker place the apples on the bottom
- place the meat on the apples
- spread the cranberry sauce over the meat
- gently pour the vinegar and broth down the sides of the meat
- Cook on low for 4 hours or until juices run clear when checked