I hope that wherever you live you are experiencing a nice thaw like we are here. After some very brutal cold weeks we have a nice reprieve of 40-60 degrees. So to celebrate I made some pretty darned yummy cookies!
I took the two most beloved cookies of Oatmeal and Chocolate Chip and made one super yummy treat for you!
Can you see how much chocolate is bursting from these cookies? I know that you will go crazy for how amazing tasting these cookies are! You will have everyone loving you for whipping together such a fun and tasty treat.
You know that you are drooling a little bit at the moment aren’t you…… I know I am really sad that these cookies are all gone. Well that just means that I need to get up and bake some more really quickly!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies
This recipe was adapted from Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook. All photos and content are copyrighted.
- 3/4 cup softened butter
- 1 3/4 cup AP Flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking POWDER
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp baking SODA
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup Chocolate Chunk pieces
- Cream the sugars and butter together in a stand mixer
- add half the flour
- add the egg, vanilla, baking powder and baking soda
- beat in the remaining flour
- stir in the rolled oats
- fold in the chocolate chunk pieces
- chill the dough for 30 min to 1 hour
- preheat the oven to 375
- drop tablespoon sized dough balls on to a parchment lined cookie sheet
- bake for 8-9 min each
- cool on a wire rack
The Plaid and Paisley Kitchen 2015