I love a good baked potato! I am a carb addict what can I say? I also love an all in one meal. No pesky side dishes here. This is a full meal on it’s own! Totally satisfying and full of flavor, you will be the rock star of your family!
Mexican flavors seem to be just about everyone’s family favorite. I bet your family loves it! What’s not to love? Spicy, cheesy, tasty….. It just puts a smile on everyone’s face.
Best thing about an All in One Meal? It’s soooo EASY!!!
Just like the real fajita this has steak, onions, peppers, salsa, cheese, sour cream and chives. I am partial to salsa verde but feel free to use your favorite kind. Bring on the heat and use some chopped up jalapenos! I used meat that is already cut in strips ready to make fajita’s. Most grocery stores will carry this. If you can’t find it use a skirt steak and cut strips on a diagonal.
Cheese and more cheese please!
Oh did I mention Cheese?
I know that your family will love this. Every mom needs a go to quick night easy meal on a super busy day! I am sure that this recipe will make you favorite list!
This is a Plaid and Paisley Kitchen original recipe. Please feel free to make and share. All photos and content are copyrighted.
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 1/2 lb ready to make fajita meat
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1/4 onion diced
- 1/2 red, yellow or green pepper
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream and chopped fresh chives for garnish
- in a saute pan over high heat brown the fajita strips turn the heat down to medium and stir the taco seasonings in
- put the veggies in the pan and continue to saute until they are soft and cooked through
- Once meat is cooked and the taco seasoning is all mixed in skim the grease out of the pan
- wash and prick the potatoes a few times
- place in microwave and cook on high for 7 min
- check for doneness by placing a fork into the potato if goes in all the way easily it is ready
- slice potatoes open and fluff the filling with a fork
- pour the salsa evenly over each potato
- then divide the meat and veggie mixture over each potato
- sprinkle with each with cheese
- you can pop them in the microwave if you want melty cheese for 45 seconds on high
- dollop each with sour cream and sprinkle the chives on
The Plaid and Paisley Kitchen 2015