Everyone loves cinnamon rolls! Combining this breakfast classic with banana bread was a no brainer. When everyone gathers around the table they are going to be overjoyed! Pair this bread with scrambled eggs and bacon and you have the breakfast of champions!
Banana bread is a long standing favorite of mine. I love to make it, to eat it and to come up with new ways to make it extra special. There is so much cinnamon in this bread. It has a cinnamon crumble topping and an oh so sweet frosting.
Banana bread is a quick bread which means it doesn’t use yeast as a leavening agent. Baking powder and soda do all the lifting. I love whipping up a batch before bedtime and then I have it all ready first thing in the morning.
I always undercook my banana bread. I like my middle soft and a little gooey. Unfortunately this makes the bread cave in. Not good for photographs. The bread pictured here was baked for 55 minutes. When I make this just for us I only bake for 45 minutes.
How do you like your banana bread?
- 1 3/4 c AP flour
- 2/3 c brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking POWDER
- 1/2 tsp baking SODA
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 ripe mashed bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/8 c flour
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp milk
- preheat oven to 350
- grease a loaf pan
- in a mixer cream banana and brown sugar
- add in eggs and vanilla
- then the salt. baking powder,baking soda and cinnamon
- slowly add the flour
- mix until batter forms
- pour into prepared loaf pan
- in a small bowl blend topping ingredients with a fork
- sprinkle over the top of batter
- bake for 45-50 or until a toothpick comes out clean in the middle
- let cool 30 min
- turn bread out of pan and let cool completely
- once cool mix glaze ingredients
- drizzle over bread
- optional: make a sugar and cinnamon mixture and sprinkle over glaze