This time of year is just filled with great outdoor activities! I just got back from a visit to my home state. Well as much as I can call anywhere home! Having lived in 9 states makes it very difficult to call anywhere home. For me I call Nashville Tn home. I spent the best part of my 20′s there and that is the home of my BFF and her 3 wonderful children. One just happens to be my God-Daughter! Oh she has a pretty Nifty husband too. Middle Tennessee had this magic quality that is steeped in her beautiful rolling hills where the mist settles nicely in the early morning. The sun is always high in the sky shinning down, the air is brisk in the morning but warms you through and through during the day. The history, the scenery and that it is all a great round about place to live, really tugs at my heart and makes me very homesick while we live in all these other places. None of them hold the place in my heart like Tennessee! Plus there is not that much emphasis on the Country Music as you would think. It is pretty much just all in its little own world. Which suits me just fine.
I actually made these cupcakes before I left and didn’t get a chance to post them. Well that delay worked out great, because lo and behold while I was away we went to a PUMPKIN PATCH!!!! What great time we had! It was just me and the 2 little ones. Although I can just hear the 10-year-old moaning now,”Aunt Chandra I am not LITTLE anymore!” We got to choose just the perfect pumpkins, ride a hay ride and get lost in the corn maze. Well we weren’t really lost but it was fun to pretend!
All that we needed was a big bonfire and some marshmallows! Maybe the next visit! Now as for these totally amazing Pumpkin Patch Cupcakes! The frosting and the filling are the same and let me tell you that this is Amazingly good!!!! I took these to work (bloggers tell me you do the same! We would be big as a house if we ate all our goodies!) and they were gone lickty split! So easy to make and they have a great WOW factor for guests and family! There is like 4 ingredients minus the cake needs. I love being able to take a boring ole box mix and jazz it up! I mean really we hardly have the time to get all the family, work, cleaning, baking, cooking, picture taking, post writing, networking done in one measly day! So anything that can help us is a really good thing! The frosting and the filling were light as air and really kicked up the flavor value of this cupcake. Kids will love this cupcake, but really this is more of what we as adults are looking for in a desert. It is light, airy and full of flavor! Oh and not to mention Cute!!!
There is even fun delight in the middle!
This is an easy and very impressive looking dessert to serve to guests and to take to potlucks!
- 1 box of yellow cake mix and the eggs, oil and water it calls for
- 1 tbs pumpkin pie spice
- 1 14 oz pumpkin pie filling
- 1 pint of Heavy Whipping cream
- 1 9" pie crust
- In a mixing bowl beat the cake mix and it's called for ingredients
- add the pupmkin pie spice and stir in
- pour the batter into 24 prepared cupcake liners about 2/3 full and bake for 20 min or until done
- cool on a wire rack so your bottoms don't get soggy
- whil they are cooling take the pie crust and cut out 24 little pumpkins with a mini cookie cutter
- score in the pumpkin details and cook at 400 for 10 min
- when cool freeze your whisk attachment to your blender and the bowl
- beat the whipping cream in the frozen bowl untill stiff peaks are formed
- fold in the pupmpkin pie filling
- place in a pastry bag with the largest star tip you have
- take out the middle of the cupcakes ( used a mellon baller)
- pipe the filling in the hole and top the cupcakes with star points to make a pretty presentation
- place a pie crust pumpkin on each cupcake
The Plaid and Paisley Kitchen 2012
You can find me at all these great link parties this week!
Making you crave Monday’s, Crazy Sweet Tuesday’s, Trick or Treat Tuesday’s, Tasty Tuesday’s, Totally Tasty Tuesday’s, Cast Party Wednesday’s, Whatcha Whipped Up Wednesday’s, Sweet Treat and Swanky Stuff, Kitchen Fun with My Three Son’s, Crumbs and Chaos, I’m loving it Friday’s, Weekend Pot Luck, and Six Sisters Stuff