Welcome to the Plaid & Paisley Kitchen
These are the Best Ever Blueberry Muffins I have ever made! No joke. You are going to go crazy over these bakery style, full of blueberries muffins!Follow The Plaid & Paisley Kitchen on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram! I’d love to connect with you!
It’s been a while since I baked up such a delicious treat for you. There is not a sweeter way to start the day than a big fluffy muffin bursting with juicy blueberries! I seriously doubt that any bakery could create anything better.
Weekends are all about a big breakfast here and these Best Ever Blueberry Muffins are a perfect addition to the most important meal of the day. I can’t wait for you to make them and taste the delishiousness for yourself!I love the big domed tops of bakery muffins! Do you know how easy that is to create at home? You won’t need to spend extra money to get these perfectly shaped muffins. You can create perfectly crafted muffins every time with this one simple step.
Bake them on a higher degree temperature for 7 min. Then reduce the heat to normal baking temperature. This quick blast of heat in the begining of the baking process gives the leavening agent a quick and powerful jump start to get that perfectly lovely high crown!
Not only are the tops high and beautiful they are crowned with a sweet and crunchy struesel topping! There is nothing like a crisp sweet buttery topping of struesel to finish off the perfect muffin. Oh I love this struesel on coffee cake too!I think we have forgot to talk about just how many blueberries are in these muffins! They are just bursting with these sweet berries. In fact I used so many blueberries the enitre batter turned blue!
So good, so sweet, so pretty, so easy! What more could you ask for?
To Make this meal even easier you can have the ingredients delivered to you right from the List!! Just click the green button that says Order Ingredients. Easy Peasy and beats a run to the store when you are making your weekly meal plan! Contains Affiliate links
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup butter milk (to make butter milk use 1 tbsp white vinegar in 1 cup milk and let sit for 5 min)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries (I used frozen)
- For the streusel topping:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp melted butter
- line 12 muffin tins with liners
- preheat oven to 425
- make struesel by combining the 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tbsp flour and melted 2 tbs butter and mix with your fingers until crumbles form
- set aside
- in a mixing bowl combine
- 1 cup sugar and 2 eggs
- add the 1/2 cup melted butter and 1 cup butter milk
- then 2 1/2 cups flour, 1 tbsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda, and 1/2 tsp salt
- add the 1 tbsp vanilla
- mix until batter is formed
- fold in the blueberries
- fill each muffin cup almost to full (this more than the 2/3 you are used to)
- place in oven on 425 for 7 min
- then turn heat to 350 and bake for 15-18 min more
- remove from oven and let cool