Best Ever Beefy Noodle Casserole takes the classic you remember as a kid and dresses it up. This will become a family favorite!
I have some picky eaters in this house and I am always chasing the phrase, “I don’t want that. You can eat it but I don’t want it”. Sound like a familiar phrase? I wish I could say it was coming from a little one. But No, that’s Steve. My husband with the eating habits of a kindergartner. Best Ever Beefy Noodle Casserole is just perfect for his ever changing tastes.
This meal is a snap to make. It’s so very filling. Everyone will rave about the Cheese! Just a secret there is 2 cheeses in this casserole. The great gooey Cheddar cheese that you can see, and also some cream cheese. This casserole is so creamy and bursting with flavor.
- 1 and 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 4oz cans of tomato sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 oz of cream cheese
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp each of garlic and onion powders and oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 packed cooked and drained egg noodles
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- cook and drain the pasta and set aside
- preheat oven to 350
- in a large skillet brown the beef and drain extra grease
- place beef in a bowl and set aside
- in the same skillet cook the onions on med high for 3 min
- add the beef back in
- over medium heat add the cream cheese and sour cream stirring frequently melt the cheese in
- stir in the tomato sauce
- add the seasonings
- spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with non stick spray
- place the noodles
- pour the meat mixture over the top
- sprinkle the cheese on top
- cover with foil
- bake for 25 min
- remove foil and bake for 5 more min
- serve hot and Enjoy!
- stir in the