Summer is off to a beautiful start here! It has been very mild and sunny and just all around pleasant here. June is one of my favorite months. The weather is usually very good and we have the most daylight during this month. I can sit on the patio or the covered porch and just day dream the day away. This was one of those days. A great Sunday where we did not have too many chores to do and we sat with neighbors and let the dogs run and play in the very green and I mean very green grass.
I did not want anything very heavy for dinner. I had planned on cheesy toast and tortellini and red sauce. Then I decided no…. not in the mood for that. I made a much lighter and healthier salad instead. I still used the tortellini because I really did have my taste buds ready to go for them. For a salad dressing you can use my Vinegarette. This day I happened to use a store bought dressing. It was a Spinach Salad dressing. It is one of my favorite store bought flavors.
You can really use any combination of flavors that you would like. This is kind of a healthy “kitchen sink” kind of salad. This is just what I chose to use and I feel that the flavors were fantastic. Even the carnivorous husband didn’t even notice he did not have meat for dinner.
|Tortellini Spinach Salad|
- 1 bag of spinach leaves torn
- 1/4 of red onion diced
- 1/2 cup of queen olives sliced in halves
- 1 4 oz jar of marinated artichoke hearts sliced
- 6 oz mozzarella cheese in 1/2″ cubes
- 1 package of spinach and cheese tortellini boiled drained and cooled
- in a mixing bowl combine all ingredients and mix well
- serve with your choice of dressing
- olive oil based dressings will be best to enhance the olive and artichoke flavors