Sometimes a certain event requires a bit more panache than pretzels and beer cheese dip. Sometimes you need a little flair and a little bit of the unexpected. Tonight was a night like that. Tonight was let’s get a little fancy and have some fun, let’s break open a bottle of bubbly just because it is Tuesday Night and we can……. Sometimes Tuesday Nights can be quite sexy after all. After a bottle of champagne and feeding each other little tasty gems like these it can get quite sexy indeed!
Dark rich pumpernickel bread, sweet and tangy fig orange marmalade, salty creamy goat’s cheese, and a drizzle of the sweet Fig Balsamic Vinegar, all set off with the bubbly fun of a glass or three of Champagne.
So because it was Tuesday and things can be special and sexy on a Tuesday
|Orange Fig Crostini with Fig Balsamic Vinegar|
- cocktail pumpernickel bread
- 1 jar of fig orange marmalade (you can use any flavor preserve)
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 3-4 tbs fig balsamic vinegar (you can use regular balsamic vinegar)
- cut the cocktail bread into bite sized rounds with a small biscuit cutter
- toast in the oven at 350 for 5 -7 min
- spread a bit of the marmalade on each round
- followed by a bit of goat cheese
- followed by a drizzle of vinegar